(as of January 2023 )
** Please refer to covid19.ongov.net for the most up to date testing sites **
PCR Testing at Upstate and Syracuse Community Health Center
PCR testing is available through Upstate Medical University and the Syracuse Community Health Center for Onondaga County residents. Physicians, pharmacies, and urgent care centers may offer PCR testing as well, please call ahead to inquire
Schedule a COVID Test
As of April 1, 2022, you will receive a bill for COVID testing if your insurance does not cover the test.
Please contact your insurance company to ensure your test is still covered. The charge for a COVID-19 PCR test is $213. For information on financial assistance, please call 315-464-8050 or visit https://www.upstate.edu/hospital/patients-families/billing/financial-resources.php.
Upstate Community Hospital, Physician Office Building South, Suite 1K (4900 Broad Rd, Syracuse, 13215)
Suite 1K accepts both appointments and walk-ins. Please note that scheduling an appointment is preferred and appointments take priority over walk-ins. To schedule an appointment, please visit MyChart or call the scheduling office at 315-464-2778 and press 0.
Individuals come into the hospital to sign in and then return to their cars to safely register and speak with a nurse by phone. Once individuals are registered and the nurse assessment is complete, they return to the suite for the test.
Suite 1K Testing Site Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:00pm (closed for lunch 12:30-1:00pm)
Saliva PCR COVID tests are available at this site, Monday through Thursday. To be eligible for saliva testing, you cannot have brushed your teeth or used mouthwash for 1 hour prior to the test, and you cannot eat, drink, smoke, vape, chewed gum, had a mint or lozenge for 30 minutes prior to the test.
To get to Suite 1K from the Upstate Community Hospital parking garage, go to the first floor of the parking garage.
- You will see signs near the elevators that provide the registration phone number to call.
- If you do not see the sign, go down the ramp into the hospital and you will see a security guard at a table who will provide you with the registration phone number to call.
- If you have not yet called to register for your test, go back to your car and call 315-464-2778.
- Stay in your car. After you register, a nurse will call you to complete an assessment.
- Do not come into Suite 1K until the nurse tells you to. On busy days, the nurse may tell you to wait in your car an additional period of time to prevent lines in the hallway.
- Once the nurse tells you to come into Suite 1K, enter through the first floor of the parking garage, go down the ramp into the hospital, and stop at the security guard table. The security guard will provide you with a new mask and direct you to Suite 1K.
To get to Suite 1K from the sliding doors to the right of the Emergency Room entrance, go through the outer doors and turn right. Keep going 15 feet until you see the security guard at the desk on your right.
Upstate Golisano After Hours at Community General = Urgent care center for children
Must have covid related symptoms.
- COVID-19 testing for children up to age 18yo
- Full evaluation of symptoms including nasal swab for COVID
- Hours: Monday- Friday 4:00pm-10:00pm , Weekends (Sat/Sun) : 12:00pm-8:00pm
- No appointment needed. Phone: 315-492-5437
Other testing sites on the east side of Onondaga County
Wellnow Urgent Care - Fayetteville
Urgent Care Clinic
6870 East Genesee St, Fayetteville, NY 13066
Closed now▼ Rapid Testing Results in 15 Minutes Non-Rapid Testing Results in 3-5 Days Screening Required
312 Fayette St, Manlius, NY 13104
Closed now▼ Non-Rapid Testing Results in 1-2 Days Appointment Required Screening Required
Testing Available for Children 3+ Years Old
8230 Cazenovia Road, Manlius, NY 13104
Closed now▼ Free Diagnostic Testing (Third-party Verified) Non-Rapid Testing Results in 2 Days Screening Required
Testing Available for Children 3+ Years Old
6438 Basile Rowe, East Syracuse, NY 13057
Appointment Required Screening Required
Testing sites require an appointment be made through Quest Diagnostics MyQuestTM online portal or app. To see what testing options might be right for you go to www.QuestCOVID19.com.
Testing Sites Near You - FEES MAY APPLY
Due to recent changes with federal testing (or federal eligibility criteria), if you don't meet medical necessity guidelines, payment may be due at the time of your appointment. You may save your receipt to submit to your insurance for potential reimbursement.
Contact your insurance carrier and testing provider before being tested to know if you will be responsible for any fees associated with your test.
WellNow Urgent Care
- Walk Ins are accepted, appointments preferred
- Most sites offer next day test results; for more information go to https://wellnow.com/covid-19/
- Ages 3 and older, with or without symptoms.
- Appointment required. Schedule an appointment at the closest participating store near you: https://www.walgreens.com/findcare/covid19/testing
- Appointment required. Schedule an appointment at the closest participating store near you: https://www.doineedacovid19test.com/
Dougherty Pharmacy (Morrisville and Hamilton)
- At this time they are not submitting for reimbursement to insurance plans for rapid COVID tests. You may submit your receipts to your health insurance directly. Test fees are listed on their pharmacy website.
- Same-day rapid test results. Days and hours for testing vary by location.
- Rapid antigen testing available in both locations
- Rapid molecular testing available in both locations
- Appointment required. Schedule an appointment at the closest participating store near you:https://www.doughertyrx.com/covid
Rite Aid (Offering at-home antigen tests online and in-store for purchase, most insurance covers up to 8 tests per month with no copay and/or no-cost drive-thru PRC tests)
- Ages 4 and up, with or without symptoms.
- Appointment required. Complete a pre-screening and schedule an appointment at the closest participating store near you: www.riteaid.com/pharmacy/services/covid-19-testing
Urgent Care (164 Broad St, Hamilton, NY - next to Community Memorial Hospital)
- Must call ahead to set up – 315-648-6411
- Tests will be administered to those who display symptoms or have been exposed to COVID-19. Must meet criteria - Testing patients that are seeking care as an inpatient or outpatient surgery.
Quick Care (a service of Oneida Health at 357 Genesee St, Oneida, NY 13421)
- For those who are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, an in person or virtual clinical evaluation is required before receiving a COVID-19 test. Please call Quick Care at – 315-363-2123
- For those who are non-symptomatic seeking a COVID-19 test, Quick Care offers a limited number of self-scheduled COVID-19 testing appointments. Please visit https://yourquickcare.com/covid19-screening/
Pulaski Urgent Care
- Hours: 8am-4pm Quick molecular test Results in 2 hours
- Must call for appointment Phone: 315-298-2273
- Need script from a doctor This involves a phone call with the doctor or a telemedicine